Monday, December 31, 2012

Another Awesome Find for Ellie Jo

I'm totally aware that this is a terrible picture, but it was just to give an idea of what we got!

Yesterday, while Bryce and Robert were watching the Seahawks game, I was sitting on the couch (sort of watching the game), and I decided to search Craigslist. I just typed in "Eddie Bauer play yard," and this listing came up. It said that this play yard needed to be sold for $50! The listing said that the seller was willing to accept less for it, and I was amazed. I originally thought it was the same model that we registered for, ($149), but it's slightly different. It's definitely a different color scheme, and it's actually this model ($172)!

Anyway, I saw that it was in Renton, and I emailed the seller, asking if I came and got it the same day, would they sell for $35? She wrote back, and said absolutely! That's 80% off retail! So, since Robert wanted to stay home and I can't go get a Craigslist purchase myself for safety reasons, I called my dad and he went with me. He even volunteered to drive down there for me!

It was an easy drive, and we found it no problem. The play yard came with all the components, and is now completely wiped down and sanitized. I'm leaving it set up for a couple of days, as I had to spray it down with my Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Cleaner. (See this link: Mrs. Meyers Clean Day MRM-14270P3 Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Bathroom Cleaner, Lemon Verbena, 24 oz, 3 pack (Google Affiliate Ad)Mrs. Meyers Clean Day MRM-14270P3 Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Bathroom Cleaner, Lemon Verbena, 24 oz, 3 pack (Google Affiliate Ad) ) 

It just needs to dry and let the cleaner do its work, and then we'll pack it away until Ellie Jo needs it.

So far, we're only $285 into baby furniture and big purchases, and we've got all the nursery furniture, an amazing play yard set up, an adorable swing, and a super cute bouncy seat. I'd say we're well on our way to being ready for sweet miss Ellie Jo!

No comments: