Monday, September 5, 2011

My day off

I finally took the plunge and got our new desktop computer today with my dad.

Let me just say that I think Dad & I did a pretty good job at shopping around, comparing features and prices, and I am very happy with what I got!

Now, I just have to clean up the huge mess on the floor of the den which contains everything I dumped off the desk to get this new contraption up and running, lol.

However, I also wanted to encourage my readers with the tidbit fact that I am accomplishing goals, little by little! Today, I got that HUGE check off my list (believe me, deciding to finally spend the time/ money on this necessary purchase for our household was a very painstaking process), and I even remembered to make the bed! (Who cares if my day was mostly over when I did it?!)

Also, I noticed a better attitude in myself when I checked these things off my list today. I'm praying that I keep that good attitude all week, as Awana starts on Wednesday, I return to work tomorrow, and all the other stuff going on plays itself out.

I intend to get caught up on my Bible reading tonight. I finally started it last night, but I do NOT want to get behind!! (At least, not more than I am.) I attribute the fact that I'm behind in it to the lingering bits of a crazed August schedule - we definitely learned to say, "No, not tonight. We need to be at home," more frequently. It surprises me how desperate I am to be at home now that I'm working part-time.

Anyway, that's all for this girl tonight; on to more goals!

No comments: