Wednesday, August 13, 2008

You don't know irony until you've read this!

So.

My grandma is in the hospital currently. Don't worry; she's okay. Just needed a little R & R with 5 star service! :) No, really, she had a heart attack and is recovering now. But she's going to be fine.

So yesterday after work, I drove up to the Colby campus to see her. I was in the room with her chatting with Auntie Sue for a bit, and then I went down to get some coffee. I came back up about 20 minutes later and the swallowing therapist was in there with Grandma. (She had choked a bit earlier this week, so this gal was just checking to make sure everything was okay).

Grandma was listening to the lady talk about how to chew, not to get distracted, not to mix different consistencies, etc. Now, this is a pretty soft-spoken lady, and Grandma is without one of her hearing aids currently.

So the next question was, "Dorothy, do you cook often?"

Grandma's face turns a shade of red I've rarely seen on a rhododendron.

Then she says, "NO! I do NOT think I would like a cocktail very much!"

I was CRACKING UP LAUGHING!!

Oh, I just thought I had to share that with you guys that read my blogs. :)

Thank you, Lord, for letting me be present to see that hilarity!



No comments: