Thursday, August 21, 2008

Apple Crisp and bittersweet memories

So, last night Corinna made apple crisp. We make that a lot in the fall and winter times, because it warms the house to open the oven after it's done baking, and it smells REALLY good. It just reminded me of cooler weather, and cozy nights.

Then, this morning, I was reading an article in the Everett Herald about a puppy named Hailey that had to be rescued from the bottom of a pass with her owner, because they were hiking and Hailey fell. She just went off the trail and slid about 500 feet. Her owner was horrified. He thought he was watching her fall to her death. Now, this is a big dog. It's a chocolate lab retriever and weighs about 100 lbs.

Search and Rescue saved both their lives.

Hailey is now recovering from surgery on her broken leg.

But it really made me miss Hunter. Sometimes when I'm at mom's the house just seems so huge that I walk across the cul de sac and ask the neighbors if their golden retriever, Angel, can come over and visit. Sometimes, Angel just comes over on her own. It's so nice to be able to snuggle a puppy.

I just miss Hunter. And I wish my parents would consider getting another dog.

No comments: